This video from the Care Inspectorate details Scotland's new Health and Social Care Standards, which set out what people should expect when engaging with health and social care services. The five standards are:
- I experience high quality care and support that is right for me
- I am fully involved in all decisions about my care and support
- I have confidence in the people who support and care for me
- I have confidence in the organisation providing my care and support
- I experience a high quality environment if the organisation provides the premises
The video also explains the principles which underpin these standards, and reflect how people should expect to be treated.